We are living in a unique and unprecedented time in modern history as we navigate through the challenges and uncertainty of the worldwide COVID-19 Pandemic. We are thankful to our staff and volunteers for all their hard work and dedication during this time.
As the situation evolves, we continue to monitor and promote the Public Health Agency of Canada’s instructions to keep our communities healthy. In light of the current situation, we have made the following changes to our programs:
We have cancelled the following services at Gateway of Hope until further notice:
- Coffee House
- Bible Study
- Skillet 101
- Tax clinic
- Any outside community meetings or gatherings
- Bagged lunches are being served daily between 12:30 and 1:00 outside of our cafeteria area. Community Meal guests do not have access to the building.
- Chairs have been removed from our cafeteria area to ensure proper spacing for shelter guests while eating their meals.
- Our Emergency and Relief Shelters will continue to serve the homeless population of Langley. We have enacted strict social distancing requirements and cleaning protocols to ensure as safe an environment as possible.
- Our Thrift Store is closed until further notice.
- We are still accepting donations of the following necessities at the Gateway of Hope:
- Hand Sanitizer
- Lysol Wipes
- N95 Masks
- Monetary Donations
Our mission remains to care for the physical, mental, social and spiritual health of the people in our community who need it most. We wish everyone safety and health as we navigate this new situation together.