The Gateway of Hope is always looking for passionate, service-driven volunteers. Volunteers are a part of the fabric that makes up The Salvation Army and Gateway of Hope: without volunteers we could not operate on a daily basis!
If you’re interested in becoming one of our volunteer superheroes, follow the steps below: (please take note of the exceptions below)
1. Fill out a Volunteer Application Form. Please see all downloadable forms below.
2. Are you 18 years old or younger? Please have a parent or guardian fill out a Parental Consent Form.
3. Fill out a Criminal Record Check and send it to:
The Volunteer Coordinator will be in contact with you to set up a short interview and orientation. We want to get to know you as a person and help you get to know the Gateway of Hope!
Before you come in for an interview, look at the opportunities we have. What are you interested in?
We don’t always have positions within these opportunities – but, we are open to creating new positions! We do our best to place volunteers in the most suitable roles that interest them and work with their schedules!
1. Are you coming in with a group? Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator directly.
2. Any volunteer under the age of 19 needs to have their parents or guardians sign a Parental Consent Waiver. Generally, we do not except volunteers under the age of 16 unless of special circumstances. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator directly in this situation.
3.Are you looking for a one-time opportunity? Please fill out the application and contact the Volunteer Coordinator with more information.
Community Service Hours
We do allow Community Service Worker hours to be completed under certain criteria. Please fill out the Community Service Application. , and contact the Volunteer Coordinator directly. Please note: A placement is not guaranteed.
Criminal Record Checks
Every active individual volunteer must undergo a Criminal Record Check with the Ministry of Justice (an RCMP clearance letter will not suffice). Please try the online criminal record check system, using the access code: JERRKQME5M. Alternatively, a Manual Criminal Record Check Consent Form can be filled out and returned to Gateway of Hope for further processing.
Note: One-time group or individual volunteers are a special case and may not need a criminal record clearance for volunteering.
For More Information:
For more information or clarification, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator.
Christmas Kettle Campaign 2019
Volunteer Applications for our 2019 Christmas Kettle Campaign are available